Calling all scientists - speak at #PintAU21!
Greetings Pint fam! We are so excited to be contacting you about our upcoming festival! We have been gearing up over the last few weeks and are now looking for speakers to present at Pint of Science Australia 2021. So, if you are a scientist, passionate about your research, and want to practise your communication skills, we want to hear from you! Express your interest at https://pintofscience.com.au/eoi.
So, what's it like this year?
This year, we're challenging ourselves by redefining how we communicate science virtually - and we want researchers to be part of this experience! We're brewing exciting new events across our platforms to reach all corners of Australia. This means there will be multiple ways for you to share your science, such as through:
- Social media posts
- Short videos, text, images, flowcharts
- Interviews via podcasts, radio, panel discussions, vlogs
Why should I speak at #PintAU21?
Pint of Science is a fun way to connect with the public and tell the rest of Australia all about the work that you do. By speaking at one of our events, you get to experiment sharing your research in new and engaging ways.
And if you're not sure your research would fit, think again. We group our events into six main categories that cover the broad scope of what we call science:
- Atoms to Galaxies physics, chemistry, maths, astronomy
- Beautiful Mind neuroscience, psychology and psychiatry
- Our Body medicine, human biology, health
- Our Society law, history, politics, policy, languages
- Planet Earth geosciences, plant sciences, zoology
- Tech Me Out biotechnology, robotics, computers
So if you, or someone you know, might be interested, let us know here. Don't delay as places are limited!
And if you have any questions, write to us at [email protected]
Looking forward to seeing you all virtually in May,
Pint of Science Australia